PV Racking is always looking for talented, dedicated people who want to make a difference in the solar industry.
About the Job:
The Solar Installer is an integral member of the installation crews, who are responsible for installing PV Racking systems for our many customers in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The Solar Installers work as a team and are responsible for precise and timely updates regarding current solar installation projects, while employing best installation and safety practices.
Profile of the installer:
- Passionate. High energy level, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism.
- You don’t get overwhelmed easily and are eager to learn how we install our systems and take direction.
- You understand what it takes to get the job done and you don’t leave until it is.
- You’re willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as well as an effective individual contributor.
- Install solar racking systems for PV Racking’s customers in NY, NJ, MD, DE, VA, and PA.
- Document completion of installation.
- Clean up of job site.
- Work in warehouse to help with loading and unloading of materials as needed.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety.
What you will need:
- 3+ years of construction experience, with residential experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 50% or more depending on the location of the installations.
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body.
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Capability to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Superb customer service skills – a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST.
- Valid driver’s license. (CDL is a plus)
- Pristine driving record (for example – no DUI within the last 5 years).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
- Previous experience installing photovoltaic systems preferred.
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification helpful but not necessary.
- EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.